Dunreath, Iowa
White Walnut school in Dunreath. Dunreath was home to a Wabash Railroad Depot, the Red Rock Coal Mining Co, and a bustling business district. The town dwindled in the 1930s and 1940s, and the school closed in 1955.
About this community
- Dam
- Red Rock Dam
- River
- Des Moines River
- Established
- 1882
- Inundated
- 1969
Sources
- History Buffs of Marion County, "The Lost Towns Under Lake Red Rock."