Cordova, Iowa
The unincorporated community of Cordova was home to a railroad depot, stockyard, grain elevator, and handful of other small businesses. From 1927 to 1967, resident Grace Cronkhite Karr documented life in the area for her "Cordova News" column, published in the Pella Chronicle newspaper.
About this community
- Dam
- Red Rock Dam
- River
- Des Moines River
- Established
- 1887
- Inundated
- 1969
Sources
- History Buffs of Marion County, "The Lost Towns Under Lake Red Rock."
- https://pubs.lib.uiowa.edu/palimpsest/article/24101/galley/132470/view/