Bishop's Falls, New York
The Bishop family built a home at Bishop's Falls in 1796, giving the town its name. In 1913, residents of the community were evacuated to make way for Ashokan Reservoir.
About this community
- Dam
- Ashokan Dam
- River
- Esopus Creek
- Established
- 1796
- Inundated
- 1913
Sources
- Diane Galusha, Liquid Assets: A History of New York City’s Water System Expanded Edition (2016).
- Vera Van Steenbergh Sickler, History of the Town of Olive, 1823-1973 (1973).
- Louise Hasbrouck Zimm, ed., Southeastern New York: A History of the Counties of Ulster, Dutchess, Orange, Rockland and Putnam (1946).
- Alphonso T. Clearwater, The History of Ulster County, New York (1907).