Fish House, New York (Northhampton/Northhamptonville)
Fish House was originally founded as a fishing camp by Sir William Johnson in 1762. Although the camp itself was destroyed during the Revolutionary War, a hamlet grew up around the ruins. The community lasted until shortly before Conklingville Dam inundated it in 1930.
About this community
- River
- Sacandaga River
- Established
- 1799
- Inundated
- 1930